HAPPY NEW YEAR!
As we look to 2017, we reflect on things that are going well and things that could use improvement or reminders. Here are some helpful tips to remember regarding school attendance and the school day:
- Notify the school in writing (email or a note) of ANY change in your child’s daily schedule. Send the email to email@example.com and/or, firstname.lastname@example.org (Transportation Coordinator) and your child’s teacher to ensure everyone knows the plan.
We are about halfway through the school year. For many reasons, some students have been absent for a number of days at this midpoint. Here is a reminder about our attendance procedures:
- Attendance at school is mandatory. We expect your child will attend school each day unless we hear from you.
- Always contact the school if your child will be absent (985-3331 x 102 or email, email@example.com).
- Please review the School Attendance Policy & Procedures (Parent Handbook, page 13) for an explanation of what happens if your child has been absent after 5, 10, 15 or 20 days.
School begins at 8:00. The late bell rings at 8:05. If your child arrives to school after 8:05. they must sign in at the main office, where they will receive a note allowing them admittance to class.
The last class ends at 3:00, at which time students are dismissed. Buses depart at approximately 3:10.
The building is open at 7:30 am. If your child is dropped off before 8:00 am, they must report to the School Street lobby, cafeteria or the main office lobby, where there is supervision. Breakfast is available in the cafeteria or the B-wing breakfast cart for all students from 7:30 am to 8:00 am.
The end of the day can be very hectic. If your child needs to be released early from school, or you need to make a change to their typical departure plan, make sure you contact the front office.
- Before 1:45, send a note with the following information:
- Full name of child
- Full name of parent
- Teacher's name
- Reason for note
- If you call the school after 1:45 p.m. with a change in your child's after school plans, we will try the best we can to get this information to them, however, we cannot always guarantee that we'll be able to connect with your child.
- In the event of an emergency, a phone call to Esther Aicher at 985.3331, ext. 101, is the best way to ensure the message will be received.
We wish everyone a safe, healthy and happy 2017!